Sunday 4 March 2012

The Music Man

According to Tito JL, you were "The Music Man", simply because you loved music. Everytime you heard a song from Tito JL's ipod that was not familiar to you, you would ask him what the title of the song was and then you would search for it on you tube. I actually remember you asking  your papa to buy you an mp3 so you can easily listen to your songs. Then you wanted an ipod, so I sent your Mama money to buy one for you and Ading Linus . When I went home the last time, Inang was using your mp3. Obviously, she has filled it in with her favourite Ilocano songs. But she told me you have apparently passed it on to her.  And guess what? Your Mama managed to open your file from your netbook. There wasn't anything there except a collection of Bruno Mars's songs. I know how much you loved Bruno. In fact, one of my last skype moments with you that I can clearly remember was when you were watching the "Lazy Song's" music video on youtube and I was singing it with you and your Adings. Oh, how I miss those skype moments when I kept telling you to go closer at the webcam, because I couldn't see your beautiful face properly.

Apart from your love for music, you were also a musician in the making. You played the violin quite well. And yes, Mama reminded me that you also learned the piano before. Now I remember. You learned the piano first before the violin, right? And then for some reason, you stopped playing the piano. Then you also played the lyre. Oh my, you were really into music. If you were still with us now, I wonder what you would be trying next. Maybe drums or the guitar? Perhaps the guitar because I think Tito JL plays it too, so he could just teach you. By the way, here's a photo of you playing the violin in one of your recitals at the CASA San Miguel.

I have been playing your favourite songs a lot lately. Ading Linus told me that you asked him to write down a list of your favourite songs. I found it in his notebook. Then I asked Tito Roman to have it downloaded and transfered into a cd. I gave copies to your friends and some to your teachers. Even Sister Enol asked for a copy too.

I feel like you were trying to send us messages through your favourite songs, but I am not sure. Some of them  kind of describes you as a person too. But let me share my favourite lines from each song so you know what I mean:

10. Grenade by Bruno Mars

"To give me all your love is all I ever asked
'Cause what you don't understand
Is I'd catch a grenade for ya
Throw my hand on the blade for ya
I'd jump in front of the train for ya
You know I'd do anything for ya
See I would go through all this pain
Take a bullet straight through my brain
yes I would die for ya,baby
But you won't do the same"

9. Dynamite by Taio Cruz

"I throw my hands up in the air sometimes
Saying AYO!
Gotta let go!
I wanna celebrate and live my life
Saying AYO!
Baby, let's go!"

8. Where is the Love by Black-eyed Peas

"What's wrong with the world, mama
People livin' like they ain't got no mamas
I think the whole world addicted to the drama
Only attracted to things that'll bring you trauma

People killin', people dyin'
Children hurt and you hear them cryin'
Can you practice what you preach
And would you turn the other cheek

Father, Father, Father help us
Send us some guidance from above
'Cause people got me, got me questionin'
Where is the love (Love)"


7. Ridin' Solo by Jason Derulo

"I'm feeling like a star, you can't stop my shine
I'm lovin' cloud nine, my head's in the sky
I'm solo, I'm ridin' solo"

6. Young, Wild and Free by Wiz Khalifa

-Remember the first time I heard you listening to this song? I asked you if you knew what it meant and you said, "Hindi po". And then you told me you like the song because Bruno Mars was in it. So you were forgiven then. :)

"So what we get drunk
So what we don't sleep
We're just having fun
We don't care who sees
So what we go out
That's how its supposed to be
Living young and wild and free"

5. Apologize by Timbaland

" I loved yu with a fire red, now it's turning blue
And you say sorry like the angel
Heaven let me think was you
But I'm afraid
It's too late to apologize"

4. Secrets by One Republic

"Tell me what you want to hear
Somewhere that were like those years
I'm sick of all the insincere
So I'm gonna give all my secrets away

My God
Amazing that we got this far
It's like chasing all those stars
Who's driving shiny big black cars"

3. Stereo Hearts by Gym Class Heroes

" My heart's a stereo
It beats for you, so listen close
Hear my thoughts in every note
Make me your radio
Turn me up when you feel low
This melody was meant for you
Just sing along to my stereo"

2. Count on Me by Bruno Mars

"If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea,
I'll sail the world to find you
If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see,
I'll be the light to guide you

Find out what we're made of
When we are called to help our friends in need

You can count on me like 123, I'll be there
And I know when I need it I can count on you like 432
And you'll be there
Cause that's what friends are supposed to do"

1. Lighters by Eminem featuring Bruno Mars

" This one's for you and me, living out our dreams
We're all right where we should be
With my arms out wide, I open my eyes
And now all I wanna see is a sky full of lighters
A sky full of lighters

You and I know what it's like to be kicked down
Forced to fight
But tonight we're alright
So hold up your lights
Let it shine"

- Honestly, you made this song very popular in our place. Your friends sang it inside the church and we played it over and over again when we took you to your new house on earth. Then some of your friends and your teachers, including Mama have it as their ringing tone on their mobile phones. Now, almost everyone in our area knows the song. I think Bruno Mars should thank you somehow. :)

Of course you have more than ten favourite songs, but these are my personal favourites.

I love listening to your songs. I have not even listened to any other songs yet since I got back to London.

Ahhhh, I miss you so much. I was looking at your photos earlier and I couldn't help but cry. You were so wonderful. It's a shame God needed you sooner than we ever thought. But hey, you will always be in our hearts. This is where you will live now and forever. You have no idea how much we love you. So please tell Jesus to help us move on wholeheartedly. Also remind Him to watch over us , especially your Adings.

We love you baby.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...