Friday 20 April 2012

Introducing Meow-Meow

I slept with Meow-meow last night and I dreamed that his one eye went missing. And that automatically brought back sweet memories of you and your favourite toy.

Meow-meow was a gift from your Lola Linda. You had her since you were a tiny baby. Meow-meow is actually a female lion. She used to have brown spots, but because we have been washing her every now and again, she has lost her original form and colour. 

For some reason, you called her Meow-Meow. And then everyone started calling her that too. We didn't even bother to give her another name anymore.

I may not be the right person to share your memories with Meow-meow because I did not witness most of your times together, but I have also heard a lot of funny stories from Mama and Papa. So please allow me to share some of those stories.

When you were a baby you loved sucking your thumb, right? But for you to be able to do that, you should be holding Meow-Meow on one hand. And here is a couple of proofs of your thumb-sucking moments with Meow-meow:

Oh, you were so adorable anak. 

There was one time according to Mama, when you were on your way to Ilocos and they forgot to bring Mewo-Meow. They only remembered her when you were already in the bus to Olongapo. Since it was too late to go back, Mama and Papa didn't mention it to you. Until you realized you didn't have Meow-Meow with you. You started looking for her and when you couldn't find her, you started crying. Mama and Papa tried to explain why Meow-meow was not with you, but you didn't want to listen to them. They even tried to bribe you with other things just to divert your attention, but nothing worked. Instead, you cried louder and louder until Papa decided to travel an extra hour back and forth only to get Meow-meow. Haha. 

Remember when one of Meow-meow's eye fell off? You wouldn't stop crying because you thought she was dead. Mama told me that you were screaming, " Patay na si Meow-meow, Patay na si Meow-meow" (Meow-meow is dead, Meow-meow is dead). You wouldn't stop crying until they managed to glue the eye back. The same thing happened the first time they washed Meow-meow. Of course they had to hang Meow-meow to dry up. But when you saw Meow-meow hanging on the laundry thread, you were very upset and you accused them of killing her. Perhaps anything like that made you think that they were hurting Meow-meow or something, right?

You clearly loved that toy very much. In fact, you didn't let go of it until you were about 7 years old. Even then, you would still look for it when you got home  from school and you still slept with it.

And now, I am the one sleeping with Meow-meow. I brought her with me when I came back to London, along with a couple of your favourite t-shirts. It's very sad really, because you were supposed to be the one I was going to bring with me next year, but you were taken away. So yun, si Meow-meow na lang. Daddy and I will be taking Meow-meow with us in our travels. That way somehow, you're still with us not only in spirit, but also through Meow-meow.



Nothing is better in my life than to have you back. How I wish I could turn back time. I am really missing you. I love you more than words can say.


Mommy Tintin



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...