Saturday 18 August 2012

What we did for you on your first angel birthday

I am so touched by the thoughtfulness of my friends from all over the world, who joined me and our family in celebrating your first angel birthday. Their act of kindness and their warm messages left me lost for words. I really do appreciate what they have done for you:

For Keith Ashley "happy bday in heaven"... Give him eternal rest, Oh Lord, and may your light shine upon him forever. 
- from my friend Marilou, Arizona
A blue candle that will burn all day, wearing a blue top, the effort not to cuss (even mentally!) and the thought of not giving up on a day when things weren't really being fantastic...the last two were the hardest, but because of a friend and her lovely boy who is in a better place than we are, I'd say just the mere thought of remembering not to cuss wiped the frown away. 
- from my friend Gemma, London
Prayers and lighted candle for keith's 1st angel birthday:) 
- from Ate Lala, Manila
Didn't realise how nice the words are, Ate. Thank you and Keith for sharing. =)
Today may not the best of days, but I am greatly inspired to turn things around by a little boy who went to heaven a year ago. Thank you Ate Cristine, and thank you Keith. "Kaya ko po, ako pa." 
- from Ate Leng, London 
Give him eternal rest, O Lord, and may your Light shine upon him forever.
Receive his soul and present him to God the Most High.
- from Auntie Mila, Zambales
And to Keith Ashley, a very talented young boy who went to heaven a year ago. "Kaya ko, Ako Pa" always inspire me.
- from my friend Ate Jo of London
Happy Happy Birthday Keith!
You are greatly missed :)
- from Tita Grace, Laos
K lighter day! X
- from my friend Blossom, Birminghan
Our Keith Lighter Day; Blue And white Balloons, white candle, prayers, and Sparkles!!! All sent up in the air, through the gates of heavens TO Keith...
-from my friend Alena and her family, Connecticut
Keith, this is for you balong!
-from Manang Dang, Canada
For Keith
-from my friend Emma, Chicago


And some of the messages were:

Jean Drf (Manang Jean)
went to church with my boys today, light a candle for my John, Keith, Uncle Sam and cousin Guy. Then said our prayers. RIP.



May the light of God sorround you.
May the love of God enfold you.
May the presence of God watch over you.
And may the power of God raise you & be with Him now & 4ever.
Keith, this I pray 4u...in Jesus' name...Amen.

Sarah Dodd, Manchester
Hey honey. It's a Keith Lighter day in Lowton, downloaded Lighters for Keith this morning and got ready for work listening to it. I'll play it on and off all day. Hugs to you my sweet friend xxxx

Some of my friends sent me personal messages to say that they were thinking of me. Some sent their greetings through your facebook page, In Loving Memory page and my facebook page. One of my friends went to work with white shirt and blue socks. Most of them liked my post on facebook. Little gestures maybe but they really mean so much to me. It's overwhelming that most of these people really have not met you, but they care enough to do something for you on your special day. I will forever be grateful. 

Meanwhile, Meowmeow and I celebrated your birthday the best we could. When I woke up that morning, I was met by a spider in our bathroom. My first instinct was to kill it, but I knew it was your birthday so I ran the shower and sent it in the drain instead. Then when I was taking the clothes out from the washing machine, one of the clothes fell on the floor and I almost cursed. It takes so much self-control to ditch those bad habits. I went for a run afterwards and listened to your song first and then played it on and off the entire day.

After lunch, I took Meow to a little cafe around the corner for some waffle and ice cream, your birthday treat. It was a K lighter day so I took a picture of the sky. Afterwards, we went to St. Paul's cathedral to light a candle and said a little prayer for you and Paolo. I was wearing my white dress and my blue ballerinas. Do I have to mention that I thought about you all day?
Back at home they celebrated your birthday just like the old times. All your friends were there. Ading Linus said it was a K Lighter day because Jesus knew it was your birthday. So please thank Him for me. And yes, what's up with the grasshoppper? I think I have told you about this yesterday. But it's weird that we never really had any grasshopper in the house until you left.

We surely missed you on your birthday. I'm sure you had a nice one up there. Please remember that we love you so much and a lot of people care about you. Thank you for the inspiration.

Ciao, baby.


Mommy Tintin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...